"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~ 1 Corinthians 10:31


Friday, December 21, 2012

12 weeks

I saw this "Baby Bump Series" on another blog that I follow.  I've mentioned her blog before because she always has such great ideas, she's very creative. You can find her here.

I would have started this earlier for myself but just didn't think about it.  I've just been trying to wait until 12 weeks for everything to come out so I'll start now.  I still plan to go back and blog about what happened in the earlier weeks.  I mainly want to do this each week just so I can remember everything!



*You can already see a little bump!


how far along? 12 weeks
how are you measuring? 12 weeks
size of baby? about 2 inches, the size of a lime and a half an ounce
heartbeat? 157 bpm (at my 11 week appt.)
total weight gain/loss? +2 pounds. I've gone up and back down the past two months, I'm just glad it's not too much yet! I will be working really hard to stay on top of this.
maternity clothes? I can still wear my normal clothes, but pants are getting a little hard to button.
sleep? I want to sleep all the time! I have to get up at least once a night to go to the bathroom and sometimes have a hard time falling back to sleep for awhile. But I sleep very well when I am actually asleep.
best moment this week? Hearing the baby's heartbeat for the first time! Didn't even know I was going to hear it at my appointment. Unfortunately, Jeromy had to work so he didn't get to hear it. Another great moment was when we finally announced our pregnancy to the world! If you know me, I don't hold secrets in well so it was hard holding this in for so long!
movement? All the pregnancy apps that I am reading say its too early to feel anything but I KNOW I felt a flutter last week. I thought it was my cell phone vibrating in my back pocket but it wasn't. It stopped and I looked down and then it happened again and I was like “whoa! What was that?!” it was amazing!
food cravings/aversions? No cravings right now. I have had an aversion to sweets this whole time though which is so weird because I have a huge sweet tooth, it's gone. The only dessert that sounds any good is some plain ice cream.
gender predictions? I don't know!! We'll find out in 9 weeks!
what i miss: I miss having the energy to do anything. Housework hasn't been getting done a whole lot. I'm just so tired all the time and feel like it's silly for me to be so tired. I just have to keep reminding myself that God is growing a human inside of my body which is tiring work!
what i'm looking forward to: I'm looking forward to Christmas! It will be our last Christmas as a small family of 2.
how are you feeling? I'm feeling pretty good! Haven't had ANY morning sickness, praise the Lord! I have had some nausea but other than that I feel great.

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you! My sister is expecting July 21st - about the same as you. Hope your pregnancy is an easy one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you & Jeromy! Enjoy every precious moment! It goes by way too fast, and then when you precious gift from God arrives, it goes even faster! Being a mother will be one of the greatest blessings of you life! Cherish ever moment!

    ReplyDelete