"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~ 1 Corinthians 10:31


Saturday, December 29, 2012

The first months



There it is! This changed it all! I woke up early on a Monday morning late October and was thinking it could be.  I remember that second pink line popped up instantly and I was just so excited!! I couldn't believe it was finally there! Oh my gosh!! I went to wake up Jeromy and just had the biggest smile on my face, he knew something was up.  I told him, he was really surprised, we couldn't believe it, we prayed together and then decided to keep it to ourselves for awhile.  If you know me AT ALL, you know I'm not good at holding things in! But it was really important to me that we just enjoy the news on our own for a little while.  You never know what can happen in those first few weeks and we just wanted to be sure.

4 weeks.  That's how long we kept it a secret! FOUR WEEKS! That's a long time for me.  There were so many times I wanted to tell someone but knew I'd regret it if we didn't tell our parents first.  We had our first ultrasound the day after Thanksgiving and had planned on telling our parents after that.  We went to our appointment and were so ready to see the ultrasound.  We waited for the doctor for what felt like forever and it was finally time.  Jeromy got to see it before I did but the doctor turned the monitor around and I got to see it.  I was smiling and giggling and a tear came down the side of my face.  It was beautiful and amzing.  That was an awesome experience with my favorite person. 





My mom was supposed to work that day but had told me weeks before that she might get called off from the hospital.  I prayed and prayed for weeks that she wouldn't have to go in to work so we could meet them right after the appointment.  It worked! God answered my prayer and she didn't have to work!  My mom had to work on Thanksgiving so I just told her we wanted to get together for lunch since we didn't get to see her the day before.  We met them at Luby's and knew we had to tell them in the parking lot because I knew my dad would make a scene. I was right! We told them we were sorry for being a little late because we had a doctor's appointment.  They looked confused and asked "what kind of doctor?" and I said "the obstetrican!" I pulled out the ultrasound pic and showed it to them.  My dad let out this loud yell and threw his hand in the air! My mom hugged me and had a huge smile. They were so excited and I was just thrilled to tell someone!




After that, we went straight to Vicki and Terry's house to tell them.  We didn't wait long because we were too excited.  The day before, on Thanksgiving, Jeromy had prayed to bless our food and had thanked God for the new additions this year to our families.  He was referring to our cousin Melissa's fiance, Jake and our newest niece, Darcy but also I knew secretly he was talking about the baby :)  SO when he told his parents, he asked them if they remember when he was praying about "new additions" and said he was talking about Jake and Darcy but also the new baby we had on the way! Vicki screamed and jumped up off the couch!  She hugged us and looked like she wanted to cry happy tears!  They were both excited and can't wait for grandbaby #6!




That was a long four weeks for sure but it was worth it so we could show them the ultrasound picture.  We told our grandmothers and siblings that weekend as well and slowly our closest friends and family.  I had thought for awhile how cool it would be to reveal our pregnancy in a Christmas card and the timing worked out perfectly!  The timing on it all wasn't mine but God knows what He is doing! So thankful and all glory to Him!



No comments:

Post a Comment