"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~ 1 Corinthians 10:31


Monday, February 25, 2013

Gender Reveal Party!

Thursday was the big day!! It was so surreal...I wasn't overly anxious or excited, just went through the day like normal but once we got to the doctor's office, I was pretty excited. 

We went into the ultrasound tech room and she started taking all the measurements and we saw our baby on the monitor.  They had it on a big screen so we could see it pretty well.  It was so amazing to see all the body parts and see him moving all around.  I couldn't stop giggling especially when she let us listen to the heartbeat (142 bpm). She finally said "ok do you wanna know what it is?" and I looked at Jeromy and then back and her and said yes! She said "you're having a baby....boy!" and I screamed!! I looked at Jeromy and we smiled at each other and I had a tear fall down.  I said "we knew it! It's Jonathan!" I thought I might cry a lot but I was just too happy to cry (just like our wedding).  After she told us, she said he closed his legs and she couldn't get a good look anymore.  She wanted to take another picture but he was being shy. Haha. She kept pressing on my stomach to get him to move but he wouldn't.  I could see everything moving all around on the screen and it hurt alittle.  Finally, he opened his legs again and she got a great picture.  The whole experience was so amazing and I'll never forget it.

The doctor said all the measurements and functions looked good and we were so thankful for that! After the appointment, we headed to the mall to pick up cupcakes for our family gender reveal party! It was such a busy afternoon after that getting everything ready.  Here are my favorite pictures from the night!



Cousins ready to reveal the news!


Blue icing!


Our baby boy!


Mommy, Daddy, and baby!


Sweet great-grandmothers!


Brandi figured out the name!


Best friends!


A picture I've been dreaming of for a very long time!!
It's more precious than I could have ever imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment