"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~ 1 Corinthians 10:31


Saturday, April 9, 2011

Days 4-8

I received some encouraging words yesterday about my blog (didn't even know any one was really reading it!) and I realized it was probably time to write another one! The first week has been going good. I haven't had any slip ups or really any desire to because I know what I'm working toward. Most of my days start off with eggs and some fruit. That keeps me full all the way until lunch. I normally take left overs for lunch from the night before or a couple of times this week I've even cooked a second time at night so I will have something to eat the next day, gotta be prepared! My new favorite meal is something I whipped up without even knowing what to do. When I tell you I don't know how or what to cook, I'm not lying here! I honestly haven't cooked much before except the few little things I know of but other than that, I'm pretty clueless. It is so nice to have someone doing this with you to ask questions and talk about this with. I love my Lea! I call her often to ask her how to do this or what should I make with that. So Monday night I needed to make something really quick before Zumba class. I got out some chicken and asparagus (YUM) and sauted it in a pan with olive oil. It turned out so so good! I threw in some spices (salt, pepper, and garlic powder, that's it!) and it was delicious. I liked it so much, I went to the grocery store after Zumba and got some mushrooms so I could try it again. I made it again that night and took it for lunch the next day with a spinach and strawberry salad. This diet has some good eats! It's time for this week's grocery store trip and I'm searching for more ideas on what to make. I kinda made the same stuff over and over this week so I wouldn't waste my groceries. I don't mind eating the same thing more than once in a week but I figure I should change it up each week so I don't get bored. I had a lot of fun this week just throwing stuff into a pan and figuring it out! I might try that again this week. The only down side to this week is I had to eat out a few times. Well I guess I didn't have to but I chose to and even though I stuck with what I'm supposed to eat, I still didn't feel like it was the best because I didn't cook it and have no idea what it was cooked in. So I guess I'll be doing a lot of cooking this month which is good because I'm starting to like it and get faster at it. Anyways, I guess I will update again later. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on another great couple of days. <3 I LOVE asparagus and sauteed mushrooms. I don't know if your like other veggies, but I often cut up zucchini and yellow squash along with asparagus and roast it in the oven. YUMMY.
    I use Cavenders seasoning on all of my meat and veggies...I also was introduced to spaghetti squash the other day with a little bit of red sauce it tasted really good and was a great substitute for noddles. Can't wait to hear about your new recipes. :)--A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thanks for reading! I DO like zucchini and squash! I bought some at the grocery store, thanks for suggesting that! I couldn't find Cavenders seasoning in the spices aisle? I will definitely have to try the spaghetti, thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete