"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~ 1 Corinthians 10:31


Sunday, April 17, 2011

Halfway!

Friday marked the halfway point, April 15! Jeromy and I went out to Jason's Deli for dinner that night and I got a huge salad. There was so much good stuff on it, it didn't even need dressing. I have cooked all week and was ready to go out! So, during this Whole30 program, you're not supposed to weigh yourself during the entire month but that's just so hard not to do because I want to see some results. The creators of the program don't want you focusing on the numbers, they want you to focus more on the health. Yeah whatever, so anyways, it was halfway and I needed to see some number. I weighed and have lost 6.5 lbs since April 1. That's pretty good, if I can keep that up then I'll lose around 12-13 for one month and I've never done that before so that would make me very happy! OH! I made burgers for the first time last night. Well Jeromy grilled them :) but I bought regular ground beef, I didn't buy the patties. I put all the seasonings in and ground it up and made it into patties myself. There were soooo good! I had it without the bun but I made guacamole to have with it and lettuce and tomato. There were delicious. I also cooked zucchini and squash in the oven (thanks for the tip, Amanda!) I drizzled it with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Yum! I need to eat more vegetables, I'm eating a lot of fruit which has sugar. It's just soooo good though! I made a fruit salad last night for dessert. It had 7 different types of fruit...strawberries, bananas, blackberries, apples, kiwi, oranges, and grapes! It was so good, it tastes so sweet like I had put sugar on top of it. I'm having a good mindset change on some foods but I don't think I'll ever change my mind on ice cream, its so delicious! I might just have less ice cream and add fruit in it :) you know, once I can have it again. I haven't thought too much of how I'm going put some foods back into my diet once April is over. I think I might try to stick pretty strict to Whole30 eating during the week and then have some cheats on the weekends only. We'll see how that goes. I'm excited because I love zumba and my instructors added a Thursday night class so now I can do zumba on Monday and Thursday nights and boot camp on Wednesday and Friday mornings. I will have to get myself used to Thursday night and then Friday morning. That might be hard but at least it will be the weekend after that to rest. Well it's time to go to church, don't wanna be late :) We are on time people!

No comments:

Post a Comment