"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~ 1 Corinthians 10:31


Monday, May 6, 2013

Family Baby Shower!

Saturday was our first baby shower! It was a family and very close family friends shower.  It was so wonderful! Had lots of people come a long way driving over an hour to get there.  We are surely loved! Jeromy's Aunt Janice hosted us at her house and she is always so welcoming! The shower was hosted by Carlee, my mom, Vicki, Jamye (Carlee's mom), and Aunt Janice.  They did such a wonderful job on everything from the decorations to the food to the amazing cake pops!!


great hostesses!
 
 
After everyone showed up and mingled for a while we played one game called Itty Bitty Baby Parts, lol! There were 12 cards with a picture of a sonogram on each card, with different body parts.  We had to guess which body part went with which card.  It was so funny to see the faces people made as they looked at each card.  I didn't do very well, I only got 2 out of 12 right! After that, everyone went around introducing themselves and how they know or are related to me and Jeromy.  Then we ate food! There was salad, veggies, fruit, and spinach artichoke dip, yum! The best part of all was the cake pops that Carlee made....oh my, they were good! Everyone raved about them!
 
I didn't get a picture of it but one thing I loved was the Wisdom and Encouragement Tree.  Instead of doing a guest sign in book, everyone got a tag and wrote their name on it and a piece of advice or encourgment for me and hung it on the tree. I really enjoyed reading over those with Jeromy afterwards!
 
After the food, we opened presents.  We got SO many wonderful gifts, it was overwhelming! Jeromy came in at the end when I finished opening gifts and quickly thanked everyone for not only the gifts, but most importantly for the love and support.  I was SO proud of him and proud to be his wife! I think everyone was touched that he came to say hello and thank you, it was a great moment!
 
great gifts!
 
proud wife moment!

And that was pretty much it! After gifts, I took pictures with all our family groups before they left and then it was clean up time. It went by so fast! It was really great to see so much family in one room and to be so loved on!  Thank you again to everyone that came and to my hostesses for the wonderful shower!

my side of the family

Jeromy's side of the family

sweet ladies of my Toups family

my namesake! Tristan Womack - mom's best friend growing up

my sweetheart!! love of my life! best friend!

 

1 comment:

  1. looks like such a nice and fun shower!! I can't wait for the other one in a few weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete