"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~ 1 Corinthians 10:31


Friday, June 14, 2013

37 weeks

 
 **updated after latest appointment:
 
how far along? 37 weeks 4 days
how are you measuring? 38 weeks 3 days
size of baby? According to Baby Center our baby is 19 inches long, about 6 1/3 pounds, and the length of a a stalk of Swiss chard. Will get a more exact weight on Tuesday as he is definitely bigger than that! update: 7.8 lbs!
heartbeat? 142 bpm (at our 37 week appointment)
total weight gain/loss? +42.5 lbs ...way more than I wanted but it's getting close to being done so I'm not really that worried about it anymore, trying to eat well and that's all I can do
maternity clothes? Maternity clothes all the time...recently found some really comfy v-neck tees at target and I've been wearing mostly that lately, they are basic but I like them because they aren't see through.  All my other ones are and you have to wear a tank underneath and it's getting too hot for that!
sleep? I'm getting more uncomfortable at night.  I think I'm still sleeping a good amount but it's all choppy as I'm waking up to turn a lot.  My lower back near my hip hurts often and makes it really painful to turn over. Get up once a night to use the restroom still.  Don't think it's really that bad though.
best moment this week?  Date night with my hubby! Went to Cheesecake Factory last Saturday and split our fav meal....four cheese pasta with chicken. So yummy! They have great bread there! Trying not to eat so much because I just can't fit it so I was pretty full.  I definitely wanted cheesecake so we went and walked around the mall and got some on our way out to go...ate it much later at home. Good choice!  It was great going back to the spot of our first date! SO enjoying these last few weeks together.
movement? I don't feel him all day every day but when I do, he is quite the squirmy little guy!
food cravings? I want quiche a lot lately.  I have gone to La Madeleine a few times on my own and then I had an excellent chicken and spinach quiche at Tea for Two tea room the other day....delicious! Also been craving something cold and sweet for the summer and ice cream just has too many calories.  I started buying blue bell strawberry fruit bars...so good! And Jeromy LOVES them! He ate 4 of them the other night! I'll do anything to get him to eat something remotely healthy so I bought 5 boxes of them at the store the other day, lol! They were on sale.
gender predictions? It's STILL a BOY!
what i miss: Being able to walk correctly. My body.
what i'm looking forward to: My next doctor's appointment....I am really wanting to see where we are at and what the next few weeks will look like. I actually JUST called her office thinking about it asking if I could come in earlier that day but they didn't have anything. I'm getting ANOTHER ultrasound which makes 5 now.  Everything is fine, just some things she keeps wanting to check. Hopefully with this one she'll really be able to give me a good estimate of what his birth weight will be and when that might be!!!
how are you feeling? I've hit that uncomfortable stage for sure. I'm not miserable but I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore.  I just want to meet our son already!  I don't want to sound like I'm complaining because I'm definitely thankful God has given us this gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment