"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~ 1 Corinthians 10:31


Thursday, June 27, 2013

Jonathan's nursery

So excited to see Jonathan's nursery all finished and put together! I had envisioned it for so long and I love the end result! I love to just sit in his room and look around and think about what is to come! 

  
When I started looking at nursery ideas, I didn't like anything I saw in stores.  I didn't want a theme of monkeys, or fire trucks, or sports.  I wanted a more modern look and I searched all over the internet for ideas.  I was drawn to all the chevron themed rooms so I knew that was it! 
 
I was originally going for this bedding:
but I felt like the navy would be too dark and the green was really hard to match with anything.  I picked navy because I thought that would be a color that could grow with him into the toddler years so we maybe wouldn't have to change a lot of the deocrations but I just wasn't that excited about it.  Jeromy wasn't crazy about it either so I switched to this one:
 
We both liked it so much better and I felt like it was so light and airy!  Last year, I really started loving the color gray and of course light blue is my favorite color so it was perfect!  I was looking at some ideas on Project Nursery and saw a room that had a pop of color and I felt like this would need one too.  I decided on yellow after seeing these printables on Etsy:
 
The colors match the bedding perfectly and the owner of the Etsy shop (YassisPlace) even listed a picture of Jonathan's bedding as one that would match these printables! I'm not a huge yellow fan but I thought this was so cute and really adds a bright pop of color to the room! I loved the little birds and elephants in this too so I decided to add that to his nursery as well. It's so funny, this one set of printables inspired so much of his room!
 
 

 Welcome to his room....
 
 

There's a lot of talk about using bumpers or not lately so I just decided not to put them in for now.  I got some breathable bumpers for later and if he starts banging his head, I can always buy some and add to it later.  The site I bought the bedding from has an option for you to purchase extra fabric so we did and Vicki, Jeromy's mom, made a lot of the extras!  They had curtains and pillows, etc. on the site but I knew she could make that no problem!  Jeromy made the initial letters himself! He used his new CNC machine and made the letters from wood and painted them.  Love how they turned out!
 
 
I LOVE my glider!! It swivels too! I knew I wanted a fully upholdstered rocker, I just had to talk Jeromy into it and actually find one to match! I didn't think I would find something because most chairs don't come in white.  We were at Babies R Us settling for a cream colored rocker but then right as we were about to order it we noticed this one right next to it...hello! I couldn't believe I found a gray chair that didn't have to be custom ordered! I had seen a "love" pillow on Project Nursery from Etsy but it was so expensive....a few days later I saw this one at Target for half the price! Score! The little blue pillow was made from extra fabric by my mother in law.  The blanket is from my dear friend, Sydne, she got it from Pottery Barn Kids and had his name put on it, so cute! The ottoman is one of my favorite things! I saw it on Project Nursery of course and was made by aletafae on Etsy.
 
 
Mommy and Daddy ready for our little baby boy! Picture frames and mirros from Ikea.  The frames have more printables in them by YassisPlace with birds and elephants.  Changing table storage bins are from Home Goods (they match perfectly!) Rug from Ikea ($20...a steal!) Teething cloth on crib made with extra fabric by Vicki!
 
 
Another Project Nursery idea...I saw book racks built onto the wall...gotta have lots of books for this reading teacher!  I love children's books.  This is one of Jeromy and my favorite parts of the room! He did a great job putting them up!
 

Finally to the other side of the room! Bookshelf and night stand bought from Ikea.  Storage bins in the bookshelf were bought on sale from Land of Nod.  The frames have the "You are my Sunshine" printables from Etsy.


On the top of the nightstand....lamp from Ikea, frame from Home Goods and cross was a gift from my Aunt's mother.
 
On the bottom shelf of his night stand....also from Home Goods.  Blue...white...birds...family!  How could you go wrong!
 
 
This is one of my favorite things about the room.  Jeromy took this cool pic! I saw the yellow bird at Target and didn't get it.  I went searching for it later and couldn't find it.  My mom found it and gave it to me as a gift from Sugie, my dog that became their dog...lol! I posted previously in the sneak peak about the canvas, made by my friend Jessica.  LOVE!  Lamp from Ikea.
 
Well that's probably more than you cared to know about our nursery but I love to remember all these details for later! I can't wait to add the most important part of the room soon....Jonathan!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment