"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~ 1 Corinthians 10:31


Friday, June 7, 2013

Last weekend away!

Last weekend, Jeromy and I went on our last getaway trip before baby Jonathan arrives!  I wanted to get away but not too far so we went to our normal spot, Galveston.  We've had so many free hotel nights since we've been married because of Jeromy's travel for work.  We always stay at the Quality Inn on the Seawall.  It's not the San Luis but it's still great for free! You can't beat that! We had such a great time and really enjoyed the time together.  I am anxious for our son to get here but I'm trying to take the advice of my sweet friend Shelly and just really enjoy this last month and our time together. 

We have been to Galveston so many times together so for this trip I wanted to try some things we'd never done before.  We got there Friday early evening and checked in.  Our hotel doesn't have a full on beach view but a great side view and if you get the room at the very front, you have a window that looks out onto the beach so Jeromy asked for that room and we got it! Our hotel is very close to the seawall.

 
 
After checking in, we went to Bubba Gump on the Pleasure Pier.  We've never eaten there before so we thought we'd give it a try.  We were hungry early so we went before 6 and there was hardly anyone there, no waiting! We sat our on the deck and boy was it windy!! It was nice overlooking the water and being able to see the rollercoasters in the background.
 
Pleasure Pier
 

can't see it that well but the rollercoasters are behind me

being silly :)


After dinner we walked over to Murdochs because it was so close.  They have a great deck in the back where you can sit in rocking chairs and overlook the ocean. It was so relaxing to sit out there and enjoy the view and time together.

 
  

The next day we had planned on going on the Duck Tour but we were the only ones that showed up for the 9:30am tour so we went on another tour instead that was right there leaving at the same time.  It was a little trolley pulled by a jeep.  It was over an hour, a bit long but still fun.  We went along the seawall and to the strand and through all the old homes in Galveston. It was neat because we saw places we had seen before but learned new things that we didn't know plus there was a great breeze throughout the whole trip.  After that we headed over to Moody Gardens.  We had free tickets for one attraction and we had never been on the paddlewheeler together so we chose that.  The last time I did that was in 1987! Here's a great flashback picture:

Wow, look at those sunglasses! I wasn't even 3 years old here! 


my handsome hubby!! love this man!!
 
After that, we got some lunch and went back to our room to rest, I was wiped out! We hung out there for a little while and then some friends showed up! We still had enough hotel points for another night's stay and we don't know when we will use them again so we invited Jonathan and Brandi to come up and stay the night.  It was totally last minute and so great that it all worked out.  Nonnie (Jonathan's mom) watched the kids overnight and they got an overnight free date...score! They got there Saturday afternoon and we went shopping on the strand....fun for me and Brandi! hehe.
 
I love Gracie's on the strand and always go there.  They have a piece of art that I've been wanting since long before I was pregnant.  I had seen it years ago on a trip to the strand and always remembered it.  I love this artwork they carry at Gracie's. They also have some at Lifeway Christian stores and Cracker Barrel.  It's called Glory Haus designs.  They are a faith based, home decor company.  I already have their "Art of Marriage" canvas that Jeromy got for me for Valentine's Day one year.  Anyways, I saw this piece of artwork and just knew I'd get it one day (in pink or blue!)
 
At first I saw the canvas but it was huge and more of a large wall hanging.  I didn't want something that big so I wasn't going to get it but we kept looking around and they had a much smaller one.  I was sold!  I think I might hang it on his door or just put it on his window sill.  Love it!

I also saw this one and thought it was so cute! I love how the scripture is on there.  Brandi talked me into getting it! I put it in our guest bathroom.
 
 
After all that shopping it was time for some food! We ate a super late dinner but it was so good! We ate at Saltgrass on the seawall and it was delicious! Such a fun time with our friends!!  Sunday morning it was raining so we just drove around and rode on the ferry before we all left. 
 
 
 
On the way home we had to make a stop at Rudy's BBQ because both Jonathan and Jeromy LOVE Rudy's.  I got something new that Brandi usually gets. I got a baked potato with turkey on it....so good!! What a fun trip we had! A great weekend away for Jeromy and I and such fun to have our best friends be able to come join us last minute.  I foresee a lot of family trips together in the future! 


No comments:

Post a Comment